Virtual numbers facilitate global presence of business
Large-scale globalization, which began in 70th of XX century, has reached its limit in XXI century. Successful business can’t exist without advertising, as well as without communication with customers and providers in any part of the world.
Let us take small business for instance. In 2016 it accounted the two-fifth of the United States GDP. Entrepreneurs, chiefs, founders – all business people like to count money. The necessity of raw materials ordering in other countries, sale of products outside the home country, negotiating and providing quality support for costumers, support of call centers – all these are connected with large communication expenditures. The method of essential economy has become the use of essential instrument of IP-telephony and the connection of virtual numbers.
Virtual numbers function like ordinary telephones, but with the essential difference: virtual number is not connected with physical communication line, which lead to the office. What does it mean and what kind of benefits it can give for the business? Let us consider the points:
- Cost savings on PBX equipment, as well as savings on paying masters.
- Savings on support, repairs, updating and changeover of the equipment – these all are the responsibilities of the provider of the virtual numbers.
- Time saving. For the connection of the virtual number there is no need for the permission of the relevant authorities and physical presence in a particular place. You can connect number of any town in Russia, Bangladesh, Germany or any other country during two-three days.
- When the office moves, all virtual numbers “move” with it and at the same time continue to work with the mode 24/7.
- Tariffs for international calls from providers are for several times lower than that of mobile and fixed communication.
The saving is really impressive. According to the recent studies, the sales department connection with the virtual numbers was for 8 times cheaper than the costs of installing fixed PBX. And this is not taking into account further savings in tariffs for calls.
Nowadays there are more virtual number providers and to stop the choice on one of them is extremely difficult. It makes no sense to sort out which is better or worse. Despite the popularity of services, they all have common substantial shortcomings. Firstly, because of the popularity, servers are often overloaded. This is an important nuance and it is necessary not to forget about it. Secondly, enterprising western businessmen know how to force the user to pay more and not talk about it out loud – about hidden fees and commissions, subscribers will know after the registration of the numbers. There are also free virtual numbers but for the business they are not suitable as no-one can guarantee their confidentiality and the abundance of advertising by connecting “free or charge” does not allow to work optimally.
One thing is clear – whichever of the services is chosen to buy a virtual number, it would still be more convenient and, what is the most important, cheaper than the fixed telephony.