Each year, SMS marketing is proving to be an increasingly viable way to reach your audience and grow your business; compared with the immense cost associated with most other marketing channels.
Whether you need a way to automate customer appointments or promote a new product, it’s easy to see why more businesses are utilizing SMS marketing as an essential channel to connect with their audience.
Mind-Blowing SMS Marketing Statistics
- 6.65 billion people have smartphones in 2022.
- 75% of clients want to receive offers via SMS.
- The CTR rate for offer messages is higher by 9.18% compared to any other digital channel.
- SMS has a 98% open rate compared to email marketing.
- 60% of customers read texts within 1-5 minutes after receiving them.
- In 2022, 80% of coupon redemption in the US will happen on mobile phones.
As you can see, SMS marketing has huge potential.
That said, doing it is one thing and doing it right another.
If you want great results, you should keep in mind the SMS Marketing Statistics shared in this post.
So, let’s dive straight into it.
We’ve already covered video marketing and social media marketing in some depth. When used correctly, SMS marketing can be a game-changer.
1. 41% of consumers would rather receive brand update texts than emails.
SMS marketing statistics for 2022 reveal that 41% of people would love their favorite brands to send them updates via text. Only 22% would prefer email.
2. 66% of Americans check their phones 160 times on average.
Nearly two thirds of people in the US check their phones 160 times.
US mobile owners are so fond of their devices that 65% sleep with them at night.
45% of survey respondents prefer giving up sex rather than their portable devices.
This, therefore, provides an excellent opportunity for marketers to engage their clients more to scale their businesses.
3. Around 83.72% of the world’s population owns smartphones.
If you’re wondering whether to dive into text message marketing, this stat will give you some crucial insights.
83.7% of people in the world own a smartphone. That translates to about 6.65 billion people.
Not only that, but roughly 7.3 billion people own a phone (both smart and feature phones) that can receive messages. That’s about 92% of the global population.
4. Nine in 10 people open their text messages.
If we compare the open rate between email and text marketing, messaging wins by a landslide. Nearly 100% of people that you send SMS are likely to open them. In contrast, only 20% of your email recipients may read them.
This is why:
Mobile texting uses push notifications, which come as a default setting. So, naturally, clients are likely to open them almost instantly. To read email, clients have to log in to see their inboxes, which may happen once in a long time.
5. Buyers are more likely to open offer messages compared to other types.
People love it when they get offers. The click-through rate is almost 10% higher compared to messages informing them of new products, confirmation, feedback, etc.
6. More than 60% of people read their SMS within 5 minutes.
When you want to send out content that requires a fast turnaround, texting is the best way to go. Six in every 10 people will read your message within one to five minutes. According to text messages statistics, only 6% check their notifications within two to four hours.
7. 80% of couponers will redeem their discounts using mobile devices in 2022.
80% of people that use coupons plan to recoup them via their mobile devices. Bearing in mind the convenience the devices offer, it’s easy to see why an overwhelming number of people will do so.
8. TStats on texting show that 74% of clients would like a human to respond to their text.
Consumers these days prefer conversations with brands over SMS. While most businesses use bot responders, 74% of consumers prefer interacting with people.
9. 45% of potential clients would choose a product or brand after receiving an SMS.
According to SMS marketing statistics, the communication method is so powerful that nearly 50% of individuals would consider taking action. People feel businesses that take the time to send them texts are worth engaging.
Do not miss out the bonus article: https://fortis-tele.com/sms-phycology/
Thrive, Small Biz Trends, Bank Mycell, Mobile Monkey, SMS Comparison, Simple Texting, Fox West Texas, GlobeNewswire, Slick Test.